How Do I Know If I Have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Many people believe fibromyalgia is a scam with no treatment. What you think?
I’ll tell you the truth when I first heard the term FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIGUE, I thought, "Oh my! What a scary disease, poor woman she must be in so much pain!" I decided to go online to find more information about this disease which was causing so much pain and frankly I as pretty surprised.
There were a large number of people suffering from the disease and there were an equal number of people vigorously parading the disease as a scam by doctors to make money from hypochondriacs! Here’s what I learned!
Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome: scam alert?
Most patients who suffer from Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue have the following symptoms
- Chronic and widespread pain all over the body especially in 18 targeted areas as given by the American College of Rheumatology. The disease is supposed to be arthritis related but the exact cause of the disease is not known.
- Most doctors find it difficult to diagnose the disease as the symptoms are so vague. Sometimes the symptoms are unrecognized for more than five years with no definite diagnosis. This can resulting patient changing doctors after doctor in search of relief and then being inadvertently labeled as “Hypochondriacs.”
- As on one knows exactly how the disease is caused and how to classify it, the symptoms remain vague and not easily categorized. This causes a lot of problems for patients who don’t get a proper diagnosis.
- As cause of the disease is not known, treatment is also symptomatic in nature with pain relief medications, anti depressants, different sleep aids, exercise etc, etc, etc being used to bring relief.
- Some doctors also think the problem is psychological in origin and advice reduced office hours and more exercises to cut down on work related tensions but sometime this works and sometimes it does not.
- Varying degrees of success have also been reported with complementary and alternative therapies like massage, supplements, reiki, chiropractic and herbal therapies. But its better to consult with your doctor before any such therapy is used.
Basically Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue sufferers also have a host of other vague diseases which are associated with it like Irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, chronic depression, and a host of other ailments as well! Basically victims feel achy allover (which almost all of us experience at one time or another!) and they get to complain about it and get treated for it!