Natural Remedies for BPH
Effective Home Remedies for BPH
Do you know the natural remedies for BPH? Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia is very common to older men aging from 60 years old and above, thus treating BPH with natural remedies is very essential to overcome the disorder. For this reason, we have collected the necessary information about the condition plus the possible natural treatment based on the recommendation of the experts.
The Threat of BPH Among Aging Men
Once a man reaches the age of 60, there are several disorders that usually challenge him as part of being old due to hormonal changes occurring in a man’s aging body. One of the most frequent disorders for older men is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or Benign Enlargement of the Prostate (BEP). Other medical terms for BPH is Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy so you won’t be confused of the terminology.
Although there are cases that the symptoms of BPH can be seen in the early age of 50’s but normally those on the ages of 70 and above are usually affected by this common disorder of aging men. The prostate, which is located below the bladder, is an important sex gland of a man that aids on the production of semen that bears the sperms. If the body started to excrete high levels of hormones called as dihydrotestosterone, this will result for the enlargement of the prostate. However, this occurrence is said to be natural and men should not worry because BPH will not lead to cancer, according to health experts. This only means that Prostate Cancer is not directly linked to BPH.
Symptoms of BPH
According to natural-holistic-health.com, the most common symptoms of BPH are associated to urinary problems such as:
- Uncontrolled dribbling
- Unusual frequency of urination (mostly at nighttime)
- Scarcity of urine
- Complexity in controlling urination
- Burning feeling or pain while urinating and during ejaculation
Once these symptoms take place, the patient should immediately visit a physician to check the problem and to seek advice in treating the disorder.
Recommended Natural Remedies for BPH
Before the treatment can be applied, doctors will perform a diagnosis to verify if the patient has already acquired the disorder and to make sure that the symptoms are not signs of Prostate Cancer. Once verified, then it is time to treat BPH with natural remedies as listed at homemademedicine.com.
Here are the Examples:
- Saw Palmetto (Serenoa repens) – The extract of the berries from this herb is considered as better than OTC (over-the-counter) medicines and the best cure for the weak flow of urine during urination and other urinary problems. In addition, this herb is also known to cure impotency and to restore libido (sex drive).
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) – This natural herb is proven to provide soothing effect on the urinary tract that can cure swelling prostate.
- Lycopene from Tomatoes – This type of bioflavonoid and natural antioxidant is the best treatment to uncontrolled dribbling and unusual frequency of urination.
- Pumpkin seeds – These seeds naturally contain zinc and have diuretic properties that aids on the enhancement of the immune system as well as in the difficulty of urination.
- Watermelon seeds – Preparing a tea from watermelon seeds can relieve prostate problems and improve urination. It is also best for bladder problems.