Natural Remedy for RLS
Home Remedies for RLS
Restless Legs Syndrome or RLS is a kind of neurological disorder shown by strong urge to move the legs which is uncontrollable and sometimes comes with a burning or tingling sensation affecting the way you sleep at night. If you’re searching for the natural remedy for RLS then you definitely have found the right place, just follow this simple guide.
Is there Natural Remedy for RLS?
All of us are yearning to have a perfect sleep but it seems that for no definite reason you sometimes felt a burning and stinging sensation in the legs plus an unexplainable urge forcing them to move. This uncommon condition is defined by the doctors as the Restless Legs Syndrome or RLS. Conversely, despite of the fact that it normally affects the legs, RLS can also be felt in the arms. There are several underlying symptoms which are crucial for its diagnosis.
According to raysahelian.com, RLS is categorized in four criteria that show different signs and symptoms such as:
- When the urge to move the legs is associated with throbbing, agonizing, stinging, burning, and other uncomfortable sensations.
- When the discomforts are more prominent while at rest like sitting down or lying.
- When the unpleasant sensations are relieved to some extent by moving the legs.
- When sleepless nights becomes more frequent due to intermittent movements of the limb.
By analyzing these symptoms, a person suffering from RLS typically can’t sleep at night and might result to sleep disorders once the problem becomes progressive. This may also provoke depression and mood swing due to helplessness in stopping the uncomfortable condition. If the problem is not resolved in time, this will have a bad effect on the daily lifestyle of the patient since he or she always felt worn-out and can’t perform well on everyday jobs.
The medical world is still puzzled regarding RLS and they can’t dig out the underlying cause up to the present. Based on the studies, it shows that women are more prone to this condition than men and usually strikes when the person is in the middle age. There are also theories that RLS can be the symptom of other medical disorders affecting the nervous and circulatory system or can be related also to unhealthy lifestyle with less physical exercise. In addition, the condition is also very rare among the youngsters and can be prominent to the elderly. Although there’s no cure yet for RLS, this condition is still manageable by applying some natural remedy and home treatment.
Recommended RLS Natural Remedies
The following are the recommended natural remedies for managing RLS:
- Avoid consuming too much caffeine-containing beverages such as coffee, colas, certain teas, and even chocolates.
- Take a warm bath before you go to bed, this will help to relax your muscles.
- Perform walking exercises regularly in the morning for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Acupuncture and massage are also beneficial in conditioning the muscles.
- Follow a diet consisting of foods rich in nutrients like iron, magnesium, zinc, folate, calcium, and vitamins like vitamin E and B12.
Furthermore, restlesslegtips.com also has more suggestions regarding natural remedies for RLS.