Overactive Thyroid Diet
Food for Overactive Thyroid
There are plenty of medicines and medications that we can get when it comes to the treatment of overactive thyroid or hyperthyroidism. What we must know now is that even a simple particularity when it comes to diet will surely do the pat.
All the parts of our body have its own functions and all of them are capable of contributing for our overall growth. That is why when one part of our body doesn’t do its function, we will surely face unlikely problems. One of the most important parts of our body is the thyroid. But there are instances wherein the thyroid becomes active. And when this happens, this is now called as hyperthyroidism.
The thyroid has a number of roles in our body. Some of the importances of thyroid are:
- Efficient functioning of the different parts of the body
- Body temperature
- Physical growth
Since having an overactive thyroid or hyperthyroidism is not far from reality, we must make sure that we consult a physician so that we will be able to have the right prescription on what we can do in order to avoid it. The physician will be able to know the ailment that you have through a blood test. Some of the conventional treatments that we can use for overactive thyroid or hyperthyroidism are:
- Radioactive iodine
Diet for Hyperthyroidism
But the most safe and effective means so that one with hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid is a diet which is rich in herbs. After all, most of the medicines that are available for the treatment of hyperthyroidism are very expensive. Compared to the use of overactive thyroid diet with herbs, one is rest assured that they can be saved from hyperthyroidism and at the same time be able to save money.
There are plenty of herbs that we can choose from that would help us to combat hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid. Some of these include:
Moreover, your diet must be really rich with the different vitamins as well as minerals so that you will have a holistic treatment of your thyroid. You must be very particular with the diet that you will be having. Check if the following vitamins and minerals are included like:
- Calcium (tofu, soybeans, salmon)
- Iodine (tuna, seaweed, clams, oysters)
- Vitamin A (spinach, chlorella, parsley, watercress, carrots, eggs, yellow vegetables)
- Vitamin B Complex (sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, lamb, duck, avocadoes)
- Vitamin C (kiwi, bell peppers, lemons, oranges)
- Zinc and copper (almonds, oatmeal, seeds, sea foods, chicken, legumes, eggs)
- Iron (leafy green vegetables, liver, lean meats)
- Selenium (nuts and liver)
- Essential Fatty Acids and Omega Oils (3 and 6) (halibut, salmon, mackerel)