Symptoms Of Hormonal Changes
What are the Symptoms Of Hormonal Changes
Because of the changes in the lifestyle, environmental factors and diet, hormonal imbalance is already becoming common among people. If you are one of the people who is already feeling something different in your body, then you need to be certain about it before it is too late. If you are afraid that you have hormonal imbalance, you can know the symptoms in this article.
During the past few years, the majority of people affected by hormonal changes are women due to pregnancy and menopause. But today, teenage girls are already affected too. This is quite embarrassing and disturbing in their part. So, it is better if they know how to deal with it. If you are one of the teenagers in this generation who fears of having hormonal imbalance, you can learn more by reading the succeeding paragraphs.
Symptoms of Hormonal Changes—Discover Them
The following are the conditions associated with hormonal changes and their symptoms:
- Hormones: These are the chemicals that are released by the endocrine system that normalize the functions of the body such as reproductive functions, growth rate and cell functions as well. Upon entering the stage of puberty, there will be hormonal changes that will take place resulting to the start of menstruation, breast growth and estrogen production.
- Hyperthyroidism: This occurs when the thyroid is hyperactive thus, creating so many hormones. The symptoms of having this are as follows: enlarged thyroid, perspiration increase, heat sensitivity, rapid heartbeat, weight loss, sleeplessness and irritability. To make sure that you can deal with this easily, you have to consult your doctor.
- Hypothyroidism: Unlike hyperthyroidism, this is the condition when the thyroid only produces a few hormones. The following are the symptoms of this condition: sexual development, growth decrease, irregular periods, hair loss, dry skin, weight gain, poor concentration and sluggishness. Just like in hyperthyroidism, an enlarged thyroid may also be a result.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): This is considered as one of the most common problem that is experienced by teenage girls. In this condition, the ovaries are enlarged and can have small cysts which are the follicles. The following are the symptoms of this condition: impaired fertility, acne, obesity or weight gain, hair growth in the body and irregular menstrual periods as well.
- Premenstrual Syndrome: Do not underestimate the result of even a slight hormonal imbalance because it can have a dramatic effect especially to the emotions of a teenage girl. As she experiences the imbalances of the hormones in her body especially before menstruation, the following can be some of the results: food cravings, mood swings and cramps. To make sure that you will be as healthy as possible, you need to observe good lifestyle and diet as well.
As a teenage girl, it is normal to have hormonal imbalances in your body. But to keep your body at a normal condition, always observe general health.