Urticaria Home Remedies
Natural Treatment of Urticaria
Urticaria is a skin disorder that shows pale red swellings usually in the chest. Too much heat, sweating and insect bites cause the skin allergy. Nevertheless, there are some urticaria home remedies available.
Basically, urticaria is a skin allergy that results to skin eruption. The infected person may experience itchiness, uncomfortable tingling problem and burning sensation. This is not a contagious disease but chronic urticaria may last for more than six weeks that makes it more troublesome and frustrating. There are several types of urticaria that include physical urticaria, contact urticaria, allergic urticaria, cholinergic urticaria, idiopathic urtiaria and drug-induced urticaria. The appearance of the rash looks like a nettle that is why it is also called as nettle rash.
This skin allergy usually appears in the upper layer of dermis but it can also penetrate deeper depending on its cause. It is important to cure the disease the soonest possible time to prevent exacerbation of the condition. Early treatment would also prevent other complications to come out.
Home Remedies for Urticaria
- Apply mixture of 25ml of vinegar and 35ml of rose water in the affected area. The mixture is an effective home remedy for urticaria because it relieves the itching. Likewise, you can also apply Aloe Vera gel when itchiness attacks.
- Mix two teaspoons of turmeric powder in a cup of water and drink it regularly. You can also take the mixture two teaspoons three times daily. It could not only relieve the itchiness but also cures the allergy.
- Using of therapeutic herbs like henna, basil, cassia, sandalwood and many others are good home remedies for urticaria. Applying the herbs on the affected area can reduce the irritation and swelling.
- Mashed papaya provides cooling and soothing effect when applied onto the rashes. This is an excellent home remedy as it is available at home. It also helps in fast healing process of the rashes and at the same time reduces the discomfort.
- Combining the extract of grapefruit seed and olive oil is proven to be an effective home remedy for urticaria. You can also rub the mixture of red ochre and alum that soothes the itchiness of the rashes.
- Drinking herbal teas like peppermint, chamomile, catnip, nettle and valerian can calm the nerves and prevent stress. This is important since urticaria is also triggered by stress.
Aside from the above mentioned home remedies you can also find other information that can help treating the skin allergy. You can also treat the skin disorder by following a diet plan. You should consume foods that contain Vitamin A, C, E and zinc that help in building resistance. You should also consult your doctor before taking any home remedies.