Ways to Treat Damaged Hair
Damaged Hair Treatment
The hair is considered as our crowning glory. It is important to take care of it to avoid getting it damaged. However sometimes it canít be avoided that hair can be damaged due to some reasons beyond our control.
Before getting a pair of scissors, try these steps that can help you get rid of unwanted damaged hair.
It is a known fact that everyone especially women love to have long hair but the problem is that sometimes it is hard to maintain it the way it should be. Our hair needs proper treatment and if we donít give our hair proper attention, this can lead to damaging it. A damaged hair is often characterized as dull, dry, frizzy and coarse. Unhealthy hair also got visible split ends and excessive dandruff. If you are not careful then this can result to serious damage.
Try assessing your hair and see if you got these symptoms of having a damaged hair. Before cutting it off, it is good to know that there are lots of ways in order to treat damaged hair. You can actually try doing some of these but remember to consider first the level of hair damage that you got.
- Treating your hair with protein can often do the job of rebuilding your hair cuticles. Protein treatment varies and it ranges from hard core ones to mild treatments. Whatever you choose, see to it that you follow proper procedure. Take note that protein treatments can make your hair hard. Always follow it up with a good conditioner. Protein treatments are usually done once a month.
- Using a moisturizing conditioner is a good way to treat damage hair and it needs to be done at least once a week. Put on conditioner and have it covered with shower cap. Heat is an important element and it makes the conditioner penetrate deeper inside the scalp. Use dryer to help in making the conditioner work more effectively.
- Washing your hair everyday is very important especially if you are planning to treat your damage hair. Use conditioner alternatively with shampoo. While doing this massage your hair and scalp thoroughly.
- If you got a curly or wavy hair that is damaged, washing at least twice a week is a good way to hydrate your hair. After washing your hair, remember to seal the moisture by putting light oil.
- It is better to trim your hair every two months. Ĺ inches can definitely do the work to make it healthier.
- Stay away from getting direct heat although it may seem to be tough. If your hair is damaged already then donít add by regularly using hot rollers, blow dryers or flat iron.
- One thing that could help you when it comes to treating your damaged hair is found in your kitchen and that is the vinegar. This compound can help prevent split ends and dandruff. All you need to do is get a tablespoon of vinegar and put it in your hair. You can do this when you are in the shower. Remember to rinse it well so you will not have the sour smell afterwards.
- It is very important that you used the right shampoo especially if you have a hair that is damaged. A shampoo with a ph of 4 to 6 is recommended. When you shampoo make sure that you handle your hair well. If you want to select the right shampoo look at its ingredients and label. Usually if the shampoo got a fragrance, it got an alcohol content in it.
- Hot oil treatments can be bought in supermarket and drugstore. Remember to follow the procedures well in order to have a good hot oil treatment.